Why choose ‘Team RMI’?
- Six Physicians, each with dual board certification in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility and Obstetrics and Gynecology
- One of the largest and most successful practices in the United States with a focus on Infertility, Assisted Reproduction (IVF) as well as Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD).
- A comprehensive infertility clinic with full access to Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) for single-gene disorders and aneuploidy.
- Able to provide assistance with Third-Party Reproduction including Donor Egg, Donor Sperm and Gestational Surrogacy
- Here to help build your family; LGBT, single parents, traditional couples
- A staff is conversant in languages including Spanish, Polish, Arabic, Russian, and Urdu.
- Available and capable to help you coordinate every part of your treatment plan
A Chicago area-based practice with five offices throughout the city and suburbs, our staff boasts a unique mix of different languages, cultures, and ethnicities. That, along with specialized training in meeting the needs of out-of-town, or out-of-the-country, patients, makes our clinic a rather seamless choice.
Patients seek treatment in the United States for a multitude of reasons. Often times, the laws of other countries prohibit or limit certain practices which may include Gestational Surrogacy, Gamete Donation and Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD). In many parts of Europe, restrictions are placed on the use of egg and sperm donors, severely limiting the choices for recipients. In addition, most European countries do not allow payment to a woman for carrying a pregnancy, a hardship which affects the number of willing participants.
Team RMI works to help prospective visitors coordinate the details, not just of the medical procedures, but travel arrangements as well. Leslie Anastos, our International Patient Coordinator, has worked for ten years in helping out of town patients simplify the process.
“We have designed our practice to accommodate patients ‘wherever’ they are,” says Leslie Anastos from the Downtown Chicago location of Reproductive Medicine Institute. “Patients call or email me (312-664-0305 /LAnastos@TeamRMI.com ) to coordinate scheduling either a phone consult or an in-person consult. Our practice also offers a wide range of multi- lingual personnel to help with communication.”
Required pre-testing (Labs/ultrasounds) can be ordered and coordinated with a patient’s local physician- to reduce the amount of time spent in Chicago (if requested). Medications can be ordered via patient’s local pharmacy, an online pharmacy or a local Chicago pharmacy. RMI will manage the ordering of all medications. Team RMI will work in coordinating Invitro Fertilization (IVF) with 3rd party reproduction (Gestational Hosts & oocyte donors) by communicating with the patient’s respective agencies to coordinate all details of the IVF cycle for all parties. For those patients using a Gestational Host, it is required that the Intended Parents make a minimum of one visit to Chicago (typically 3-4 days). Leslie Anastos and Team RMI will organize this visit based on a patient’s schedule and timing of IVF cycle in order to efficiently achieve all required testing. Genetic Testing is also managed through the Team RMI office and staff, allowing patients to have one contact throughout their journey.
“At first, it may seem as though there are a myriad of details,” says Anastos. “But, the truth is, that most patients spend some time talking and emailing me, and then the next thing we know, there’s a positive pregnancy test!”