Beating Infertility on a Budget
In Vitro Fertilization Chicago
In vitro fertilization (IVF) has steadily gained popularity among fertility specialists and patients, becoming one of the most popular fertility services. The in vitro fertilization process is simple, in theory. An egg and sperm are manually combined in a Petri dish in our laboratory (in vitro) rather than in the fallopian tube (in vivo), creating a fertilized embryo. The embryo is then placed in the uterus of the female patient or the surrogate, in a process known as embryo transfer (ET). While the process is relatively simple, a fertilized embryo does not necessarily mean a child will be produced. There are a number of issues that can arise, and it may take several attempts with in vitro fertilization at our Chicago-area centers for the embryo to take hold in the uterus. While the potential cost may dissuade some potential patients, Reproductive Medicine Institute offers low-cost in vitro fertilization solutions as well as financing options.
In vitro fertilization/embryo transfer (IVF/ET) is an assisted reproductive technique (ART). The in vitro fertilization procedure at our Chicago-area clinics is performed under conscious sedation with intravenous medication and local anesthesia. After a brief maturation in the laboratory, the eggs undergo in vitro fertilization with specially prepared husband's sperm. Fertilized eggs or pre-embryos are cultured in the laboratory for three to five days. Then, embryo transfer of between one and three healthy embryos is performed. Uterine embryo transfer (UET) is a simple office procedure performed under a mild sedative. Ultrasound guidance is used to properly place the embryos in the uterus. A pregnancy test is performed about 10 to 14 days later.
Low-cost IVF Cycle
For patients who do not have insurance coverage, Reproductive Medicine Institute offers a special IVF cycle discounted rate. This is a special rate not offered to patients with in vitro fertilization (IVF) insurance coverage. This in vitro fertilization service at our Chicago, Illinois area fertility centers includes a basic IVF cycle. Some extra services may not be included. Our success rates have consistently been high. Our clinical pregnancy rates reached 60 percent per transfer in patients younger than 35 years old. However, we would like to stress that a comparison of clinic success rates may not be meaningful because patient medical characteristics, treatment approaches, and entrance criteria for ART may vary from clinic to clinic. If you would like to learn more about in vitro fertilization with our Chicago-area fertility specialists, please contact Reproductive Medicine Institute today.
Included in the Special Rate:
- Laboratory and ultrasound monitoring of ovarian stimulation
- Ultrasound-guided follicular aspiration and oocyte (egg) retrieval
- Oocyte identification, culture, and in vitro fertilization
- Embryo culture
- Embryo transfer
- Post-transfer laboratory testing
- Pregnancy testing
- All diagnostic pre-testing for wife and husband
- All medications needed (occasionally we have medication available that is offered to our patients free-of-charge)
- Anesthesia for oocyte retrieval (fee paid to an independent provider)
- Special IVF procedures which may be required for some couples, such as:
- Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
- Assisted Zona Hatching (AZH)
- Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) including Gender Selection
- Cryopreservation (Freezing) of Eggs or Embryos
- Transfer of Frozen/Thawed Embryos
- Fertilization of Frozen/Thawed Oocytes
- All medical care for unexpected medical complications inclusive of hospital care.
Learn More about In Vitro fertilization
Our goal at Reproductive Medicine Institute is to help each of our patients conceive a child. To accomplish this, we offer a range of services and treatment options, along with financing opportunities. For more information about in vitro fertilization at our Chicago, Illinois area fertility clinics, simply contact Reproductive Medicine Institute today .